Kurumbas are among the 5 indigenous communities that are native to these majestic blue mountains - the Nilgiris. Among being honey gatherers, they also practice an ancient art form that is around 4000 years old - the Kurumba Painting. There are only 5 master painters who now carry this art form which is quite unique. The colours used in this painting is all natural, drawn from tree barks and plant leaves. Each painting portrays a scene from their life in their village or their forest.
The artists, in their effort towards selling more of these paintings, are resorting to water / acrylic colours, but aren't really happy doing it as it diminishes the true form of this art. We are providing them with a platform where they can express this art in it's truest form. Infact we have taken this up by a notch by providing them with handmade paper made out of banana fibre waste to paint on and they are loving it!
A perfect gift to someone who truly appreciates the rich tradition India, as a country, offers. This painting depicts honey collection.
• Craft : Hand Painting
• Material : Handmade Banana Fibre Paper, 100% biodegradable
• Colurs : : Non toxic, natural colours
• Size : 8" x 8"
• Weight : 90 gms
• Net quantity : 1 pc
• Utilitarian : Designed keeping in mind utility and functionality so the gift is useful to the receiver.
• Planet Friendly : Handmade using natural and 100% biodegradable material including the box and its contents.
• Fair Trade : Made by women from underserved communities in their homes and each purchase provides them with an equitable income that gets them closer to socio-economic equity.
• Traceability : Comes with a maker card that introduces the maker of the product with a picture of her and her story.
• Circular : Made using recycled yarn and toxic free colours. Designed to last really long and easy to maintain.
"Since this product is hand made, kindly allow for slight variation in size. The colours in the images may vary slightly owing to screen resolutions.
Wash instructions : Vacuum clean only."
Follow Us On Instagram